[erlang-questions] Problems cross-compiling OTP on ARM

Tobias Lindahl tobias.lindahl@REDACTED
Sun Sep 28 22:11:45 CEST 2008

Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:
> Actually, I think that the current version of Dialyzer does not use HiPE as
> much as it used to.
> It used to run the first pass of HiPE compiler and do its analysis on the
> icode format, but as
> far as I know, Dialyzer now does the entire analysis using Core Erlang and
> only uses a few
> modules in hipe/cerl (which are pure Erlang, and not dependent on any HiPE
> support in the
> run-time system).
>
> Tobias or Kostis could confirm those details, but I think that it would be
> enough to include
> only the hipe/cerl sub-directory to support Dialyzer.

It is almost true. There are a couple of dependencies on other parts of
HiPE, but these can be removed. When this is done only two modules in
hipe are necessary for Dialyzer, erl_bif_types and erl_types.

Tobias