[erlang-questions] Erlang - Postgresql Driver

Sergey A. n39052@REDACTED
Sat Sep 27 16:36:49 CEST 2008

Hello.

> I used postgreSql database with Erlang by using erlang - postgresql driver got from "erlang-consulting.com".
> I need a higher rate of insertation with other basic operations.

> Is this driver support for this capacity? If any other alternatives?

As mentioned above, there is a fork of jungerl pgsql driver maintained
by ejabberd developers.

A svn-branch called gen_fsm_rewrite representing a new version of
pgsql - pgsql2 - is >2x faster than original pgsql and have function
for batch inserts/updates (I'm about fun pgsql2:execute_many/3). The
driver also support transactions, and is active developed.

You can get the source by the following command:

svn checkout https://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd-modules/pgsql/branches/gen_fsm_rewrite/
pgsql2

Documentation is included.

To take a look at svn commits, see the following:

https://forge.process-one.net/browse/ejabberd-modules/pgsql/branches/gen_fsm_rewrite

I beleive that pgsql2 is currently the best solution to communicate
with PostgreSQL from Erlang.

--
Sergey.