[erlang-questions] Millions of processes?

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Tue Sep 23 19:55:07 CEST 2008

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:

> "Avoid the temptation to create large numbers of threads in your
> application. ..."

lol,

this reminds me, that in one of the first PL/1 texbooks, was written:
"please avoid using subroutines, since they are very slow" (not exact
citation, but something like this).
I guess, then subroutine was State-of-the-Art Computer Science concept and
spaggethi-code was called a "good engineering" :-)

I thought Linux is a server-side OS, so simple "thread-per-connection" model
is bad for Linux. Now I understand why Apache fork itself.

Zvi