[erlang-questions] Millions of processes?

Bard Bloom bardb@REDACTED
Tue Sep 23 15:22:12 CEST 2008

I've seen in Erlang promotional materials some rather impressive claims
about how cheap Erlang processes are, and how many of them one can spawn.
Which is pretty cool.  But, what Erlang programs take advantage of that
kind of power?  Are there any examples of programs which use huge numbers
of processes in interesting ways?  (I am the local Erlang fancier.  I got
challenged on that point, and didn't have a very good answer.)

Thanks very much,
  Bard Bloom