[erlang-questions] EShell-like text input

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Sun Sep 21 06:09:13 CEST 2008

If I call io:get_line('> ') from EShell, then I'm able to use the left arrow
key to go back and edit the text I've entered, and the up and down arrows
provide a history of what's been entered.

However, if I try to do this using erl -eval or an escript, bypassing the
shell, then I do not get these extra features.  None of the arrow keys work
and just input their respective character sequences.

Is there any way to enable the arrow keys / history when not using EShell?

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com