[erlang-questions] Monitoring changes in a directory tree

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Sat Sep 20 02:14:17 CEST 2008

If your on linux I have an inotify port I've been meaning to release.
The only thing missing is the Makefile which should be straight forward
except make and I don't seem to be getting along. If your interested
I'll either email it or put in up somewhere for you to download and help
you get it going. If someone doesn't mind supplying the Makefile, I'll
release it for inclusion in any of the erlang package repositories.

inotify works quite well. I had inotifywatch recursively watch the mail
spool directory on a busy mail server with just over a 1M files on it
consumming about 1% user CPU.

Also, anyone know what the equivalent to inotify on solaris is? I don't
have a running solaris system, but I'd like to expand this port/module
to include support for solaris.

Jeff.