[erlang-questions] Timezone calculations

Kenji Rikitake kenji.rikitake@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 10:17:10 CEST 2008

In the message <48D35A3B.8020506@REDACTED>
dated Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 09:52:04AM +0200,
"Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB)" <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> writes:
> [...] we once
> decided to set the system clock of our embedded systems to UTC,
> and handled local time in Erlang by modifying the TZ environment
> variable - initially through a linked-in driver, but later with
> os:putenv/2.

I like this idea very much, but executing os:putenv("TZ","GMT") is not
enough to correct the erlang:now/1 issue for systems which the wall
clocks are running in TAI, i.e. leap-second-aware timezone.

See
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2008-September/000299.html
for my patch to R12B4 to solve the leap-second issue.

FYI.
Kenji Rikitake
(Should I write an EEP for this?)