[erlang-questions] My frustration with Erlang

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 08:24:04 CEST 2008

Rapsey <rapsey@REDACTED> wrote:

r> How many mnesia transactions do you have left? From what I tested,
r> transactions are slow as hell.

I'm curious, what kind of transactions?  In tests from over a year ago
(using R11B-5, I think, it's the only hard data that I have within easy
arm's reach), I had single table performance on 2-node cluster, Xeon
2.8GHz CPUs (maybe?), 'disc_copies' tables that were replicated on each
node as well as fragmented, with single table read txns (context =
sync_transaction) of up to 7K transactions/sec and single table (single
key) update txns at 4.1K transactions/sec.  Not stupendously great, but
for a non-SMP VM plus Mnesia's distributed transaction managers involved
in every transaction, it isn't too bad.

If your tables were type 'disc_only_copies', then I'd have far fewer
problems believing.

-Scott