[erlang-questions] lists:seq/[2,3] bug?

Nicolas Charpentier nc@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 20:37:58 CEST 2008

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>> I think that your proposition will break a lot of code.
>
> Why do you think that?  The correction I want ONLY affects
> cases where the current version blows up; whenever the
> current version returns any answer at all, mine returns the
> same one.

Hi,

With the current implementation, the process crashes if it calls
lists:seq(N,M) with M<N. (A crash means an unexpected)
With your proposition, the same process will continue to do things but
using an empty sequence.
For me, this is a big difference and all running applications must be
checked to ensure that they can handle empty sequence correctly.

Regards,
----
Nicolas Charpentier
http://charpi.net