[erlang-questions] Fwd: 12B4 ODBC bug

Anthony Shipman <>
Wed Sep 17 16:53:25 CEST 2008

Further to my previous message. When the odbcserver exits the odbc application
	ODBC: received unexpected info: {tcp_closed,#Port<0.167>}
which is untidy.

Uglier is this stuff

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 18-Sep-2008::00:47:49 ===
     Supervisor: {local,odbc_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     {port_exit,could_not_access_column_count}
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.86.0>},

where could_not_access_column_count comes from the DO_EXIT(EXIT_COLS)

Two fixes are needed.

1. Look for ERROR using something like the gcc strcasestr() function. You may
need to write your own for portability.

2. Handle the SQL_NULL_DATA  result. I don't know what this code is supposed
to mean.

Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
                   grow up to be outsourced.