[erlang-questions] Trying to reduce Erlang memory consumption

Jason Ganetsky <>
Tue Sep 16 20:24:46 CEST 2008

So, my beam process is taking up a good 1.7 GB. This is my erlang:memory()

I'm trying to reduce this. The strange thing is how high my numbers are for
processes and processes_used. I ran erlang:process_info() on every process
in erlang:processes(), and found that my processes shouldn't be taking up
much memory at all. I only have 121 running, the largest heap_size is 6765
(and most are under 1000).. and the largest stack_size is 21.

What am I missing here?