[erlang-questions] distributerl-0.1 (with improved Merkle trees)

Justin Sheehy justin@REDACTED
Mon Sep 15 17:35:47 CEST 2008

Hello Davies,

Thanks for your interest.

The current implementation does not yet make any attempt at space optimization only due to the fact that the single application it is actively used in does not happen to need very large trees in practice at this time.  I know of a few ways we could reduce the space used; they just haven't been worthwhile to focus on yet.

Also, the internal structure used for the trees right off was somewhat space-wasteful due to focusing the first swing more on being relatively easy to understand.  We're certainly interested in improving efficiency at some point - if you care about it now, I'd welcome either private discussion or patches in the interest of improvement.

Best,

-Justin