[erlang-questions] My frustration with Erlang

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sat Sep 13 22:09:53 CEST 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 8:36 PM, Rapsey wrote:

> How many mnesia transactions do you have left?

No idea. Is there anything in the etop output that makes you think
transactions are a problem?

I think I only have one transaction in my code, everything else is
dirty ops.

> From what I tested,
> transactions are slow as hell. I'm sure you would get much better
> performance, if a gen_server was in charge of a table and all
> queries were dirty and went through that process.

I also tried making all the tables ram_copies, just for the sake of
it. I still get gen_server timeouts.

I'm trying to profile with eprof now. I started profiling but my test
harness hangs waiting for the games that will never finish.

I thought I'd try to connect to the node, find that test process and
kill it.

erl -remsh 1@REDACTED
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.3 [source] [64-bit] [smp:8] [async-
threads:0] [kernel-poll:false]

*** ERROR: Shell process terminated! (^G to start new job) ***

User switch command
  --> r '1@REDACTED'
  --> j
    2* {'1@REDACTED',shell,start,[]}
  --> c 2
*** ERROR: Shell process terminated! (^G to start new job) ***

Tools are failing me and the saga continues!

--
wagerlabs.com