[erlang-questions] My frustration with Erlang

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Fri Sep 12 21:08:31 CEST 2008

I'd be interested in seeing the output of  vmstat over a period of time.
Because only 3 of the 8 CPUs are being used, it sounds as if either the app
is suffering from some sort of lock contention, or is I/O bound. If it's IO
bound, then putting the database tables on heavily-memory-cached RAID or SAN
hardware like EMC could make a huge difference. I know that probably doesn't
help because if you're like most people, you don't have the megabucks one
needs for such a device. However, maybe a lower-end (but still fast) RAID
would be useful.

Is there any way you could run the app for 15 minutes under full load and
capture the system performance using vmstat?

Ed