[erlang-questions] 12B4 dialyzer problem 2

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Thu Sep 11 12:54:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:41:30 pm Kostis Sagonas wrote:
> Yes, this is not surprising and indeed Dialyzer does not have any
> analysis that allows it to prove that record fields cannot have some
> value.  But this is NOT the problem here.
>
> The error you get is:
>
>   - either because serverRef() does not include pid() in its definition
>   - or because specialCtrl() does not include the atom 'streamClose'
>
> It has nothing to do with 'undefined'.  I suggest you take a closer look
> at these types.

Aha. Yes the atom should have been 'streamClosed'.
Thanks

Does this mean that the 'undefined|...' is overlooked by dialyzer when type
matching?

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.