[erlang-questions] Etop issues: Erlang top got garbage

Brian Troutwine goofyheadedpunk@REDACTED
Thu Sep 11 01:28:02 CEST 2008

I'm attempting to use etop to debug a memory issue I am having, but
the output of etop is almost impossible to read. I get many, many
messages of this sort:

Erlang top got garbage {trace_ts,<4549.52.0>,out,
                                 {gen_server,loop,6},
                                 {1221,89025,387602}}

After searching a bit I found a post that mentioned the use of tracing
will disturb etop, but I am not, to the best of my knowledge, using
such things. How can I find what's making etop unusable? Is it
possible simply to suppress these messages?

Thanks,
Brian