[erlang-questions] Examining bindings on the stack

Brian Candler B.Candler@REDACTED
Tue Sep 9 16:43:51 CEST 2008

I'd like to know the easiest way to examine bindings on the stack in an
error backtrace. In particular I'd to be able to see the arguments to all
the functions called up to this point.

I've had limited success with the erlang debugger. I was trying to debug a
backtrace from a call into an existing complex library (in this case
yaws_soap_lib)

Is it necessary to recompile the library using c(Module, debug_info), just
to examine the arguments sitting on the stack? Or is there an easier way?
Can the standard backtrace of [{Module,Function,Arity},...] be expanded to
include the function arguments?

Thanks,

Brian.