[erlang-questions] String Pattern Matching

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Sun Sep 7 21:31:46 CEST 2008

>If you're really just dealing in words the penalty of a double
>reverse isn't as bad as the penalty of having to use REs.

True, but the penalty of writing and maintaining code that could be much
more clearly expressed as an RE may outweigh the performance penalty. If
there is not a large performance penalty I would go for the RE rather than
have to start writing code backwards ;-)

Regards,
Edwin Fine