[erlang-questions] Application granularity (was: Parallel Shootout & a style question)

Jay Nelson jay@REDACTED
Fri Sep 5 16:53:57 CEST 2008

>  agreed. parallelizing list comprehensions will accomplish nothing
> in phone switch/web server type applications. but that's not what
> i'm talking about either. to quote myself;
>
>  "in an ideal world, all the basic OTP libs should be rewritten to
> be parallel."

I conflated several topics that were discussed in the previous thread.
You are right, and this can be done incrementally, even by the community
as contributions back to the OTP team.

jay