[erlang-questions] Parallel Shootout & a style question

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Thu Sep 4 18:21:02 CEST 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 8:03 AM, Isaac Gouy wrote:

>> One issue is that there isn't e.g. a plists in the stdlib.
>> With permission from the shootout maintainers, we could
>> possibly have a patched build, with a lists module (etc.)
>> defaulting to parallel solutions (i.e. spawning processes
>> where sensible, and gathering results, preserving order
>> where necessary.)
>
> Yuck - possibly maybe as a very temporary thing.

As a casual observer / contributor, I would find this distasteful.  I
don't want to have to maintain a patched version of Erlang just for
this activity.

Until the point where there is a plists in the stdlib, I think we just
have to take the hit in line count to paste in implementations to the
entry code.

-kevin