[erlang-questions] Parallel Shootout & a style question

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Tue Sep 2 18:19:35 CEST 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Mats Cronqvist wrote:

>> Of course, as pioneered by Robert Virding, we can still
>> catch the results this way, if we want to, and we
>> probably do want to, to make sure that printouts appear
>> in the expected order:
>> The slave does exit(Result), and the collector does
>> receive {'DOWN',_,_,_,Result}.
>
> being an Aspiring Architecture Astronaut i didn't actually look at
> the problem spec...
> i guess you mean that the main/1 function should be rewritten as a
> collector?

The problem spec doesn't actually require a specific output, or
ordering of that output.  But, the shootout maintainers have a history
of changing the rules retroactively, so it does seem like a good idea
to try to keep the same order.

-kevin