[erlang-questions] Parallel Shootout & a style question

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Sep 2 10:11:28 CEST 2008

Mats Cronqvist skrev:
> being an Aspiring Architecture Astronaut i didn't actually look at
> the problem spec... i guess you mean that the main/1 function should
> be rewritten as a collector?

Well... I vaguely recall some experiments back in school,
where the peculiarities of parallel programming were
illustrated precisely with tty output from several
processes running in parallel. (:

(I'm glad to see that education finally paying off. :)

I assume that the shootout harness tries to verify that
the total output conforms with the template, so yes,
I think a collector is needed. The computations should
be parallelized - not the printouts.

BR,
Ulf W