[erlang-questions] openpoker: 25k players on a physical machine

Tony Finch dot@REDACTED
Fri Oct 31 13:17:30 CET 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Joel Reymont wrote:

> I'm launching 5000 games with 25000 players on 5 game servers and 5
> bot nodes, all running on the same physical machine. I'm hitting the
> 65000 socket maximum so the way to scale out is by adding more
> physical servers to the cluster.

If you are running out of port numbers you could try configuring more
IP addresses on the machine, and bind different nodes to different IP
addresses.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@REDACTED>  http://dotat.at/
FAEROES: NORTHERLY BACKING SOUTHWESTERLY 5 TO 7, PERHAPS GALE 8 LATER.