[erlang-questions] erlang:monitor(node, NodeName) could obsolate monitor_node/2

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Oct 31 17:22:42 CET 2008

This seems reasonable. The function that's harder to replace is
net_kernel:monitor_nodes(Bool), which also delivers {nodeup,N}
messages. One could also argue that given the existence of
net_kernel:monitor_nodes/[1,2], no other node monitoring function
is really needed.  ;-)

BR,
Ulf W