[erlang-questions] openpoker: 25k players on a physical machine

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Fri Oct 31 12:44:57 CET 2008

> I'm launching 5000 games with 25000 players on 5 game servers and 5
> bot nodes, all running on the same physical machine. I'm hitting the
> 65000 socket maximum so the way to scale out is by adding more
> physical servers to the cluster.

Can't you add another IP address to each host to get 64k connections per address?
Surely the file descriptor table can be bigger than 64k.

I thought UNIX systems put the maximum representable FD number at 1024x1024 and 64k was only a per-process limit FD limit.

--
  Rich

      Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1011