[erlang-questions] Problems with sending UDP datagrams without buffering

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Thu Oct 30 21:11:33 CET 2008

Matthias Lang <matthias@REDACTED> writes:

> On Thursday, October 30, mats cronqvist wrote:
>
>>   possibly relevant? from the inet:setopts doc;
>>
>> {delay_send, Boolean}
>
> No, for several reasons. Firstly, the original poster didn't say
> anything about using nondefault options, and nobody would ever be so
> careless as to post a bug report without fully disclosing what they're
> doing.

  yes, my bad. never again shall i try to read between the lines of a
  bug report.

> Secondly, if this option does anything at all for UDP, it still
> shouldn't merge successive UDP datagrams.

  No. I guess it was this bit that meda me a bit suspicious; "This
  makes the messages actually sent onto the network be larger but
  fewer."

> But, let's look at the source:

  i am of course way to lazy for that. i'll just take your word for it.

  mats