[erlang-questions] File creation times under Windows

Johnny Billquist bqt@REDACTED
Mon Oct 27 13:34:32 CET 2008

John Hughes wrote:
> I would have expected that, once a file has been created, then its creation
> time should remain constant (unless explicitly modified)--wouldn't you? Not
> so! At least, not under Windows. Under both XP and Vista, the file creation
> time reported by file:read_file_info changes by an hour when daylight saving
> time ends (and presumably also when it begins)!
>
> File system design according to the Principle of Greatest Astonishment,
> evidently.

I believe that's a basic problem with windows, since it don't actually
keep time in UTC, but local time, internally.

In short: if you use Windows, that's the way it is. Don't have anything
to do with Erlang.

	Johnny