[erlang-questions] Case-insensitive matching in mnesia and erlang

Ashok P. Nadkarni apnmbx-public@REDACTED
Fri Oct 17 15:05:46 CEST 2008

I'm working my way through erlang and mnesia and writing my first toy
application.

I had the following question - I'm storing string data in an mnesia
database as either a list of integers or as binaries. I want to find
records using case-insensitive matching against this field. How would I
use  mnesia:select to do this? Do I have to explicitly retrieve each
record and convert the field and seach key to lower case myself and
compare? Is there a faster way?

/Ashok