[erlang-questions] How to build Erlang with libcmt (/MT) under windows?

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Fri Oct 17 11:12:23 CEST 2008

2008/10/5 Michael Regen <michael.regen@REDACTED>

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone a little bit more experienced with the Erlang build mechanism
> know how to compile and link Erlang with libcmt instead of msvcrt?
> The default mechanism builds Erlang with the /MD switch which means the C
> standard libraries are accessed as threaded dll MSVCR??.DLL. This also means
> you cannot simply copy Erlang to another computer as long as the correct C
> runtime is not installed there.
>
> I am trying to figure out how to statically bind the libcmt library.
> Normally you do this by using the /MT switch.

Sorry, but we have no intention of supporting that. The reason is that
Microsoft strongly discourages using the statically linked run-time library
in programs
that loads DLLs. Having a MT-linked emulator will lead to memory leaks.

/Bjorn