[erlang-questions] Redirect -remsh output

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Oct 16 20:16:53 CEST 2008

I'm catching up on mailing list reading, sorry about replying to an old
thread.

Serge Aleynikov <saleyn@REDACTED> wrote:

sa> At least your "send and play" cured my "tab and cry".  ;-)

If you're using an OTP system that hasn't been patched(*), then there's
a hack work-around already available in OTP: use the nl() function(**).
After "nl(mumble)." on the remote node, the local node's expansion of
"mumble:<press Tab here>" will work as hoped for.

-Scott

(*) I, too, have been bitten by the tab-in-remote-shell-doesn't-do-
what-I-expect-and-hope.  The patch (or another patch that does the same
thing) is well worth adding to the next releases of OTP.

(**) That assumes that you know the module name and you're using tab to
find a function.  If you don't know the module name, this cheap hack
won't help.