[erlang-questions] Finding inconsistencies in record definitions and pretty printing records

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Wed Oct 15 15:13:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote:
> 2008/10/15 Thomas Lindgren <thomasl_erlang@REDACTED>:
>>
>> Does it handle multiple definitions of the same record name?
>> (#state, to take the canonical example)

Yes - it reports an error if two record declarations are not identical

> This is what prompted me to introduce an -export_records()
> directive in my exprecs contrib.
>
> If I have records that I only use inside one module, I don't
> really care if similar, but different, records are used elsewhere.

And you promise not to send a message containing a private record,
anywhere - and
you promise that some other process will not send you a message with this record
and you promise not to store a record in a data base - ....

Yes guv - scouts honour ...

/Joe