[erlang-questions] Article on Erlang in ACM Queue

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit@REDACTED
Tue Oct 14 13:28:13 CEST 2008

Thanks for the feedback everyone. FFI looks very interesting.

does Erlang make guarantees about storing data in contiguous memory?
My guess is that the binary data type was designed with that in mind.
However, do I understand correctly that floats cannot be stored in a
binary data type?

for instance:

Eshell V5.6.3  (abort with ^G)
1> X = <<1,3,9>>.
<<1,3,9>>
2> Y = <<1.0,3.0,9.0>>.
** exception error: bad argument
3>

or am I missing something obvious?

Can anyone refer me to the source file that defines binary data types?

Thanks,
Whit