[erlang-questions] Fwd: Chameneos.rednux micro benchmark

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Sun Oct 12 18:25:46 CEST 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 12:27 AM, Kenneth Lundin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not at all surprising that the SMP version run much slower than
> the non SMP version.
> I looked at the program source and what I find there is an
> implementation that does not allow very much of
> parallell execution.

I agree with your analysis, but not with your conclusion.

We can expect that the SMP version will not run much faster.  However,
we might also hope that it does not run orders of magnitude slower.

At the moment, pthread based solutions are slaughtering Erlang, and
also achieving up to 350% CPU utilization.

-kevin