[erlang-questions] Interesting: "Squeak VM adapted to run on Tilera"

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 08:40:13 CEST 2008

For your info we can also say that we have the Erlang SMP VM running
on a 64 core Tilera.
How many cores from 1 to 64 we use is configurable.

It is actually not a very big deal to port the Erlang VM to Tilera
since it is run on top of Linux
there as well.

Getting good performance and scalability is another thing.

The Tilera is a good test bench for testing scalability over many
cores and we expect to
get much better scalability when we have finished the implementation
of multiple run-queues.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson