[erlang-questions] Adding simple process to supervisor?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 08:03:58 CEST 2008

Greetings,

After suggestions from the list I have have tried the "proc_lib creates
special process" method. It meant using proc_lib:start_link/3, calling
proc_lib:init_ack/2, adding receive of system messages (2 lines) and 2
exported call-back functions (1 line each). That was acceptable
complications too me since I keep all the restarting in the supervisor.
Note that I think using your method would have been fewer lines.

However, the process blocks in gen_tcp:accept/1, thus missing any system
messages during this time. Is there a way around that?

bengt