[erlang-questions] write the ant simulation in Erlang?

jm jeffm@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 05:30:52 CEST 2008

Roger Critchlow wrote:

> That would break the transactional consistency that the example has in
> Clojure:  You have a thing you want to move from one place to another,
> you don't want it to be in both places, and you don't want it to be no
> place.
>
> It would also break the graphical display of the simulation if the
> number of ants fluctuated from frame to frame.

What about having more states that just occupied and empty (with respect
to ants)? Just thinking aloud, how about one of empty, moving, and
occupied? No, that doesn't work either. How about asking the current
square to move the ant to the next square? I don't think this works
either though.

There must be something wrong with the way I'm looking at this.

Oh well, back to the day job.

Jeff.