[erlang-questions] pid to integer and back

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Oct 8 23:34:13 CEST 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 8:48 PM, Torben Hoffmann wrote:

> For this I am almost 100% sure that IP multicast routing would work
> - the question is if IP multicast is allowed across the internet;

I had a lot of trouble with multicast and my Cisco router, I don't
think I want to be concerned with multicast, at least not now.

> Another question: once a player has joined a table in your
> implementation
> couldn't he store the pid for the game once and for all and then
> route all messages to the game using the stored pid?

This is not a problem but it won't work when you need to join a game.
I still need to either map integers to process ids or use
term_to_binary.

--
wagerlabs.com