[erlang-questions] Some mnesia oddity

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Tue Oct 7 13:19:05 CEST 2008

Dan,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I will probably disallow '_' and '$[1-n]' in mnesia:delete_object.
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I will remove all usages of wildcards in
> mnesia:delete_object/1 calls in our code.

Just FYI: When I changed the wildcard deletes with exact key matches
in a loop, the performance of removing entries in this table dropped
by about 40% in my particular application.

Is there some way to remove batches of records more efficiently? Would
it make a difference to use a dirty_delete?

Thx,

Ben