[erlang-questions] tcp sockets confusion

deepblue_other cktgatb@REDACTED
Sun Oct 5 05:16:23 CEST 2008

hello everyone
Im building a system with a Flash front-end and an Erlang back-end and have
some confusion in a case where there is a single socket on the back-end per
user (per single socket on the front-end).
I want to have multiple independent objects on the front-end send messages
to the back-end, but am not sure how the simultaneous transmission would be
handled. This probably stems from my somewhat clowdly understanding of TCP.
Say there are 3 objects that initiate a send() method on the front-end
(almost at the same time) and send a semi large message each to the
back-end. Each message would be ID'd by the front-end so that when received
back it can be routed to the appropriate callback. Is this possible?
since the packets are being assembled in the {tcp, Socket, Data} pattern
match, peace by peace, would the correct peaces of the individual messages
be stiched together? (doesnt seem like they would).

if that wont work then I would just have the serialize the
sending/receiving, which is not too horrible...

thanks