[erlang-questions] When does ERLC provide minmal feedback?

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Sat Nov 29 13:00:46 CET 2008

ggaliens@REDACTED wrote:
> When does ERLC provide minimal feedback?
>
> I am compiling parts of Wings3D graphical application.
>
> Sometimes ERLC seems to compile (no errors no warns) and no .beam
> generated. Sometimes  a  warning such as Error1 and Error2.
>
> Is there some way I can force the compiler to give me more
> instructive feedback ???
>
> 'm afraid I'm getting these for some more gross reason such as bad
> line delimiters ... bad white-space or invisible character or
> something like that.

Some details would be nice, such as:
   - a specific source file that does not seem to work
   - the exact command line used to compile it
   - the exact text for the errors/warnings you are getting
   - Unix or Windows?
   - are you using a makefile or running the command manually?

     /Richard