[erlang-questions] Erlang introspection

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Nov 26 02:31:55 CET 2008

On 26 Nov 2008, at 1:58 pm, Matthew Williams wrote:

> I'm trying to find information about erlangs support for
> introspection. I've got a program that receives and function name
> and arguments through a socket and I'd like to use this information
> to make a function call on the module that receives it. Can anyone
> suggest a good starting point for finding out how to do this?

Joe Armstrong's book.

And then look up apply/3.

But also, ask yourself "in an era where the majority of e-mail is
spam, malware abounds, and antivirus software on the most popular
operating system is never quite good enough, do I ***REALLY***
want to let some other guy call anything he wants to, or do I want
to put in some kind of checks?"