[erlang-questions] Why can't HiPE inline functions across modules?

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Mon Nov 24 09:23:20 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Thomas Lindgren
<thomasl_erlang@REDACTED>wrote:

> The deoptimization approach has, as I understand it, been taken far in Java
> after being proposed for Self. Unfortunately for a low-budget community, it
> looks like a great deal of unglamorous, grotty engineering and testing to
> get it working flawlessly :-)

I've just begun taking a look at what's actually involved with this, and
wow, there be dragons.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you'll be seeing any code contributions from me
on this at any point in the near future.

I will take a look at your papers, though...

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com