[erlang-questions] Starting and monitoring a Java Node

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Fri Nov 21 18:42:00 CET 2008

Hi,

I am playing around with jinterface and was wondering if there is a
standard way to kick off my jinterfaced program from within Erlang and
get it monitored.

My previous experience was with ei port programs. So, it's the port
commands that start and monitor. Would it be reasonable to do the same
thing for the Java node? That is, I start the Java program using
port_open() and have a tiny bit of scaffolding that handles any
crashes. The bulk of activity would then happen through normal message
sending.

Thanks for any pointers,
Robby