[erlang-questions] 10,000 simultaneous connections

john s wolter johnswolter@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 23:49:36 CET 2008

Yes, 10,000 simultaneous connections to a server.  Whew!  I have to sit down
for a moment, I'm a little faint.  Is Erlang up to the task or threads?
(Ah, Ah,).
Imagine a server that has to run at that level of multitasking.  Right now
this is all blue sky thinking.  How could I benchmark an individual server's
capability to run child threads for a web service?    Next I want to write
some test programs that use the threads to judge application loading issues.
 I'm hoping to start to better understand applying the Erlang system.

--
John S. Wolter President
Wolter Works