[erlang-questions] code:get_path() returns badarg

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Tue Nov 18 09:29:52 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 03:09, Serge Aleynikov <> wrote:
> Please check the value of environment variable ERL_LIBS.  If it's defined
> but empty or contains a non-existing path, you would get this behavior in
> versions between R12B and R12B-3.
> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2008-October/000319.html

Hi Serge,

Thank you for the tip, but I don't think it's that. We are using
R12B-4 and this problem only happens when starting the Erlang runtime
from within Java, where I send the code:get_path() request right away.

For the time being I will just try to wait until there is a process
registered as "code_server", but I don't like that solution. The ideal
way would be to have some kind of notification mechanism (which could
be used for other things, too).

best regards,