[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 02:20:22 CET 2008

Robert Virding wrote:
> No way, don't like packages.

Yeah, I remember the discussions on it. *laugh*

In the scheme of all things Erlang though, I wouldn't classify it as
something stopping adoption or causing confusion. I like the "concept"
of packages or, more specifically, being able to write code such as
"namespace1.module2:foo(bar)" without having to quote the atoms. But as
far as next(erlang) is concerned, it could be on the back-burner
compared to inconsistent interfaces and the like.

Also, Robert, I was interested in your disagreement with Kenneth (RE:
the need for an Erlang refactor) you said you would put together... is
that still coming?

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.