[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Dave Smith dave.smith.to@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 03:44:19 CET 2008

2008/11/17 Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED>

> What I don't like about the package system is that any time you use it
> you need to do a bunch of explicit stuff to use standard modules (e.g.
> -import(list) or something).

I agree with you there.  It could have been implemented in such a way that
modules in the top level package are implicitly imported. The problem with
this is the 'everything' is in the top level package.  A better option would
be to move all the standard modules under the erlang package (eg.
erlang.lists) and have the compiler implicitly import everything under the
erlang package.