[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Sun Nov 16 16:51:02 CET 2008

On Nov 15, 2008, at 2:47 PM, damien morton wrote:

> Though there were worries that the Python 3000 effort might split
> the community, that doesn't seem to have happened. Tools have been
> produced that make porting to py3000 possible, and I understand that
> the language changes are relatively modest, removing the most
> glaring of language warts, and regularising and reorganising
> libraries.

I don't follow what's going on in the Python community, but just as a
counterpoint, there seems like a strong possibility that Perl 6 will
split the community.  Quite bizarrely, the closer a complete, working
implementation gets, the louder some people become about their opinion
that it will never be a finished or viable platform.

-kevin