[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Nov 16 03:51:19 CET 2008

2008/11/16 Steve Davis <steven.charles.davis@REDACTED>

> On Nov 15, 6:07 pm, Zvi <ex...@REDACTED> wrote:
> > What you suggesting can be divided into 2 tasks:
> > 1. New language spec
> > 2. New standard library
>
> Of course 1.is vastly harder than 2.
>
> My estimate is that writing and getting consensus on 1 would indeed
> take until 3000AD.

At least! :-) Seriously I don't think you can aim for complete consensus,
you will never get it. You need to start out with some form of rationale
which lays down the basic ideas/principles for the new erlang, and explains
the reasons behind them. This is something which, unfortunately, we never
did.

Once this is done it is easier to design and develop the system.

Robert