[erlang-questions] re(3) structures across systems

Paul Guyot pguyot@REDACTED
Thu Nov 13 14:23:22 CET 2008

Hello,

I noticed that the result of re:compile differs between a FreeBSD
64bits system and an x86 workstation running MacOS X 10.5.5 with
erlang compiled on 32 bits. Except for the runtime architecture, both
versions of erlang are identical.

Yet, the structure compiled on the FreeBSD station works on the Mac
and reciprocally. Can I rely on it? I believe I can because of the
distributed nature of erlang, but since the structures differ, I
thought I would raise the question, especially considering that re(3)
is considered experimental.

Paul